Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter thought and Photo

Today is Easter. It´s a cool day. Yesterday night rained and I felt sorry for the only  procession that was going to march through the streets of Sevilla this morning. I wanted to go and watch it. Set my alarm at 6:15 am, heard it going off but I also heard the rain. I felt sad for la Hermandad de la Resurrección, but happy for me, because I could stay longer in bed. This can sound a little bit as I am a lazy bum, but actually the warmth of my bed was too appealing. We went instead to Church at 9 am in Valencina, where mass service was accompanied by beautiful flamenco religious songs.

Iglesia de la Virgen de la Estrella en Valencina de la Concepción
Click here if you want to listen to the song to la Virgen de la Estrella. It was sung by the whole church attendants which make it pretty powerful. The Chorus was made of young people with strong and beautiful voices. 

Here is another song I recorded a little bit earlier during mass. I think it was during communion.




On Friday afternoon, I went to see some processions in Sevilla, and as I promised Vincent, I am posting the photo I took of Carlos Jiménez who was a Nazareno of the Cachorro procession. He was with Itziar.

Itziar

Carlos Jiménez

No comments:

Post a Comment